Usualy we call "opportunistic infection" those diseases which appear
only if immunity is weak. Any normal person is able to fight with such disease
- Pneumocystis pneumonia (usualy cyanosis+ dyspnea+ symetrical auscultation...)
- Cryptococosis meningitis (usualy symetrical temporal headache+ stiff neck...)
- Cerebral toxoplasmosis (usualy sub-acute assymetrical unifocl neurological
- Multifocal leuko encephalitis (usualy chronic assymetrical multifocal neurological
- Cytomegalovirus retinitis (usualy subacute irrevesible blindness of 1 or
But we can also extend the meaning to the diseases that everybody can got but
which are more common and severe if your immunity is destroy by HIV
- Herpes (simplex 1&2, zoster, chickenpox... )
- Tuberculosis (usualy chronic assymetrical lungs or brain disease...
- Psoriasis (usualy skin affection... but can affect articulation...)
- Norvegian scabies (skin affection...)
To know more about those diseases, you can visit the
(same webmaster) with more than 1000 photos... but the site is more dedicated
for doctors and can seems very complex for person without medical knowledge.